2019 Out of Zone Information
We have no out of zone places available for children to attend Waitākiri Primary School for the 2019 year. This is due to the number of in zone children we have forecast to attend our school. In this instance an Out of Zone ballot will not be held in 2019.
If you have any questions please contact the school office. Thank you.
Out of Zone Priority Criteria
The Education Amendment Act (No 3) 2010 changed the priority of out of zone students selected via the ballot. The change only affects students not living in school's home zone.
Applications for out of zone enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority must be given to students who have been accepted for enrolment in special programme(s) run by the school and approved by the Secretary for Education.
- Second priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary for Education under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulated in the area served by the school.
The enrolment scheme, which includes a precise description of the home zone, may be viewed on the school website and at the school office where copies of the scheme are also available.