For the 2017 year we will be taking new entrant out of zone enrolments for terms 3 and 4 only. The number of out of zone enrolments taken is dependent on the number of places available.
Out of zone applications for Term 3 2017 will be advertised in The Press on Wednesday 12 April 2017, with the application deadline being 4pm on Wednesday 17 May 2017. The ballot will be held on Friday 19 May and parents will be advised in writing of the outcome.
Out of zone applications for Term 4 2017 will be advertised in The Press on Wednesday 5 July 2017, with the application deadline being 4pm on Wednesday 9 August 2017. The ballot will be held on Friday 11 August 2017 and parents will be advised in writing of the outcome.
Out of Zone application form
The Education Amendment Act (No 3) 2010 changed the priority of out of zone students selected via the ballot. The change only affects students not living in school's home zone.
Applications for out of zone enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority must be given to students who have been accepted for enrolment in special programme(s) run by the school and approved by the Secretary for Education.
- Second priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary for Education under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulated in the area served by the school.
The enrolment scheme, which includes a precise description of the home zone, may be viewed on the school website and at the school office where copies of the scheme are also available.